With the onset of cold weather, Rodents are taking advantage of engine heat in car’s to keep warm at night.
They are causing all sorts of electrical faults and damage to fuel hoses.
Bernie’s Advice: Come down and have rat baits set in your engine bay.
Trying to find time in your busy schedule for a much needed car service ?
Does it seem impossible as you need your vehicle to carry out your daily life ? Don’t let this put you off having your car serviced and increasing the chances of excess wear n tear to your much needed car.
We can help you achieve this, it’s as easy as giving one of our friendly staff a call to arrange a suitable day for you to take advantage of one of our courtesy car’s.
You can even start the booking process online…..
BERNIES FAMOUS TIPS
Stop and seek help immediately if you notice any of these warnings:
- The temperature gauge climbs above normal,
- A tinkling or pinging noise coming from your engine bay
- Radiator coolant on the garage floor, usually green but can be pink also
- Your radiator fluid is below the line.
- Steam coming from the vehicles exhaust pipe.
- Overheating while idling in traffic.
- make sure you only add water to up.
Too little glycol in your radiator may damage and cause the vehicle to overheat resulting in expensive engines repairs. Get Bernie to run a simple glycol reading for your vehicles wellbeing. Glycol protects the engine from damaging electrolysis which can be expensive to repair.
Link to MTAQ website: www.mtaq.com.au
Items of interest:
- MTAQ member code of conduct
- Your rights on choice of repairer, dealer/IR options
- List of MTAQ members
Break testing is important, please check out the following link for more information on the safe-T-stop site
Samford Garage was the first independent repairer to install a safe-T-stop machine for your safety
Our technicians are fully trained in its operation to maximise its benefits to all customers
Why not take advantage of our wonderful customer service and experience the satisfaction and comfort of knowing you and your family are safe on the roads